Senior Living in Crossville, Illinois
Top zip codes in Crossville, IL: 62827
- Crossville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Crossville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (White County Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowood, Charles Ford Memorial Home Inc., and New Harmonie Healthcare Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Carmi Country Club, Western Hills Country Club, and Country Mark Co-Op Refinery Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lamont Outdoors, Memorial Park, and Arbor House & Garden.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Johnson United Methodist Chr, and Baptist Children\'s Home.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,305, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,574, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,089, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.10%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crossville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crossville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crossville has a very sparse population density of 19.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crossville have a long daily commute time.
- Crossville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.46%.