Senior Living in Crothersville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Crothersville, IN: 47229
- Crothersville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Crothersville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Scott County Memorial Hospital Aka Scott Memorial, Scott Memorial Hospital, and Schneck Medical Center.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hampton Oaks Health Campus, Scott Villa Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and The Waters of Scottsburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Westwood Golf Course, Seymour Country Club, and Leslie Lakes Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, Muscatatuck National Wildlife Refuge, and Jackson-washington State Forest.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Christian Church, Community Church of God, and Kimberlin Creek Baptist.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $43,085, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,098, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,484, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.50%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crothersville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crothersville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crothersville has a very sparse population density of 64.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crothersville have a short daily commute time.
- Crothersville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.71%.