Senior Living in Croton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Croton, OH: 43013
- Croton scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Croton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mount Carmel New Albany Surgical Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland of Centerburg, Centerburg Pointe, and Country View of Sunbury.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 90 golf courses in or around the city, including Village View Golf Course, Clover Valley Golf Club, and Hillcrest Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Autumn Lakes Campgrounds and Berkshire Lake Campground).
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including Croton United Methodist Church, Croton Church of Christ, and Church of the Ascension.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,789, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,045, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,544, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.40%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Croton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Croton has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Croton has a very sparse population density of 62.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Croton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Croton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.20%.