Senior Living in Crown Point, Indiana
Top zip codes in Crown Point, IN: 46307
- Crown Point scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Crown Point scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franciscan St Anthony Health - Crown Point, Pinnacle Hospital, and Franciscan St Margaret Health - Dyer.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Nursing and Rehab Center, Wittenberg Lutheran Village, and Bickford of Crown Point.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 287 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 80 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakes of the Four Seasons, Oak Knoll Golf Club, and Pheasant Valley Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Lemon Lake County Park, Cedar Lake Bible Conference, and Deep River County Park.
- There are 146 churches in or near the city, including St Mary Church, Eastlake Baptist Church, and Holy Spirit Catholic Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 98 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,674, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,503, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,844, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.33%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crown Point receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crown Point has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Crown Point has an average population density of 691.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crown Point have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Crown Point has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.50%.