Senior Living in Crown Point, New York
Top zip codes in Crown Point, NY: 12928
- Crown Point scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Crown Point scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Moses-ludington Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Heritage Commons Residential Health Care).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Moriah Country Club, Ticonderoga Country Club, and Schroon Lake Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Stoney Lonesome Bed & Breakfast, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Paradise Pines, and Putnam Pond Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Adirondack Community Fellowship and Bridport Congregational Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.85% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,502, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,107, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,339, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crown Point receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Crown Point has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Crown Point has a very sparse population density of 26.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crown Point have a very long daily commute time.
- Crown Point has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.07%.