Senior Living in Crownsville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Crownsville, MD: 21032
- Crownsville scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Crownsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crownsville Hospital Center, Anne Arundel Medical Center, and Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- There are 124 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fairfield Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Michael Mcgrory, and Regency Park.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 425 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 87 golf courses in or around the city, including Eisenhower Golf Course, Sherwood Forest Golf Course, and Crofton Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Washington DC / Capitol KOA, Kinder Farm Park, and Maryland State Parks.
- There are 405 churches in or near the city, including South Shore Baptist Church, St Stephens Episcopal Church, and Mt Tabor United Methodist Chr.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 176 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 177 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $143,922, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $106,806, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $53,688, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.30%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crownsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crownsville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Crownsville has an average population density of 501.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crownsville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Crownsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.90%.