Senior Living in Croydon, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Croydon, PA: 19021
- Croydon scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Croydon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Lower Bucks Hospital, Bucks County Specialty Hospital, and Livengrin Foundation.
- There are 159 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silver Lake Center, Inc., Legacy Gardens of Bristol, and Prince Associate-Development.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 966 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Bensalem Country Club, Rancocas Golf Club, and Torresdale-Frankford Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Neshaminy State Park, Pennsylvania War Dog Memorial, and Benjamin Rush State Park.
- There are 427 churches in or near the city, including St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, Community Baptist Church, and Christ the King Episcopal Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 429 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 266 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,595, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,057, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,128, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.40%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Croydon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Croydon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Croydon has a dense population density of 2,937.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Croydon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Croydon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.43%.