Senior Living in Crumpler, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Crumpler, NC: 28617
- Crumpler scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Crumpler scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ashe Memorial Hospital, Alleghany County Memorial Hospital, and Alleghany Memorial Hospital.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Margate Health and Rehab , Forest Ridge Assisted Living, and Alleghany Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Jefferson Landing on the New River, Mountain Aire Golf Club, and New River Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including New River State Park, RiverCamp USA, and Twin Rivers Campground.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Midway Baptist Church, Warrensville Baptist Church, and Alleghany Grayson Charge.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,322, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,947, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,250, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $67,525 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,025 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.94%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crumpler receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crumpler has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Crumpler has a very sparse population density of 65.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crumpler have a short daily commute time.
- Crumpler has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.36%.