Senior Living in Crystal City, Missouri
Top zip codes in Crystal City, MO: 63019
- Crystal City scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Crystal City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Jefferson Regional Medical Center and Jefferson Memorial Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Twin City Residential Home, My Place Residential Care, and Festus Rest Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Joachim Golf Course, Union Hills Golf Course, and Crystal Highlands Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Gov. Daniel Dunklin\'s Grave State Historic Site, Sandy Creek Covered Bridge State Historic Site, and Mastodon State Historic Site.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Immanuel Lutheran Church, and First Baptist Church of Festus.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.92% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,725, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,049, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,476, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,040 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $69,350 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,131 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.82%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crystal City receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Crystal City has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Crystal City has an average population density of 1,356.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crystal City have an average daily commute time.
- Crystal City has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.34%.