Senior Living in Crystal River, Florida
- Crystal River scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Crystal River scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Seven Rivers Regional Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunshine Gardens Crystal River, Cypress Cove Care Center, and Crystal River Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (46% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Seven River\'s Golf & Country Club, Championship Course at Plantation Inn & Golf Resort, and Pine Ridge Course at Pine Ridge Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Crystal Isles RV Resort, Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge, and Crystal River Archaeological State Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Advent Hope Sda Church, Abundant Life Christian, and New Hope Baptist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,050, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,150, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,007, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,260 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.58%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Crystal River receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Crystal River has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Crystal River has a sparse population density of 173.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Crystal River have an average daily commute time.
- Crystal River has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.31%.