Senior Living in Cuba, New York
Top zip codes in Cuba, NY: 14727
- Cuba scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Cuba scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cuba Memorial Hospital and Olean General Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cuba Memorial Hospital , Aspen Tower, and The Pines Healthcare and Rehab Center - Olean Campus.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Allegheny Hills Golf Course, Castle Inn Golf Course, and Bartlett Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Riverhurst Park Campground and Oak Hill Park).
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church, and United Methodist Church-Cuba.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,508, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,042, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,286, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.41%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cuba receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cuba has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cuba has a very sparse population density of 50.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cuba have a short daily commute time.
- Cuba has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.73%.