Senior Living in Cucumber, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Cucumber, WV: 24826
- Cucumber scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Cucumber scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Welch Community Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McDowell Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Welch Community Hospital, and Heritage Hall - Tazewell.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Fincastle Country Club, Richwood Golf Club, and Gary Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Cavitt\'s Creek Park and Anawalt Lake Wildlife Management Area).
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Word Assembly of God, East River Church, and Beulah Pent Holiness Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $17,055, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $14,643, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $6,127, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cucumber receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cucumber has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cucumber has a very sparse population density of 10.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cucumber have a very short daily commute time.
- Cucumber has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 45.01%.