Senior Living in Cudahy, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Cudahy, WI: 53110
- Cudahy scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Cudahy scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 21 hospitals within close range of the city, including Aurora St Lukes Medical Center, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare- St Francis, and Kindred Hospital-milwaukee.
- There are 239 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hammond House, Ramsey Woods, and Ramsey Woods .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 521 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 80 golf courses in or around the city, including Warnimont Golf Course, Grant Park Golf Club, and Zablocki Park Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Grant Park, Erie Street Plaza, and Henry W. Maier Festival Park.
- There are 517 churches in or near the city, including St John Ev Lutheran Church, Nativity of the Lord Education, and St Marks Ev Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 296 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 122 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,249, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,805, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,077, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,930 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $121,545 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cudahy receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cudahy has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cudahy has a dense population density of 3,842.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cudahy have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cudahy has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.60%.