Senior Living in Culloden, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Culloden, WV: 25510
- Culloden scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Culloden scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Camc Teays Valley Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cabell Health Care Center, Outlook Pointe at Teays Valley, and Lincoln Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Sleepy Hollow Golf Club, Deer Creek Golf Course, and Esquire Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Jim\'s Camping, Fox Fire Resort, and Huntington / Fox Fire KOA.
- There are 56 churches in or near the city, including Union Baptist Church, Church in the Valley, and Milton Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 39 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,964, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,063, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,787, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,653 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.33%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Culloden receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Culloden has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Culloden has a sparse population density of 156.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Culloden have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Culloden has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.09%.