Senior Living in Culver, Indiana
Top zip codes in Culver, IN: 46511
- Culver scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Culver scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Starke Memorial Hospital, Saint Joseph\'s Regional Medical Center - Plymouth, and Behavioral Hlthcare Of Indiana.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Miller\'s Merry Manor Culver, Catherine Kasper Life Center, and Catherine Kasper Life Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Culver Academies Golf Course, Mystic Hills Golf Club, and Maxinkuckee Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Campers Roost, Menominee Wetland Conservation Area, and Tippecanoe River State Park.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, St Mary\'s of the Lake Church, and St Mary\'s of the Lake Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,247, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,964, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,749, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.73%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Culver receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Culver has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Culver has a very sparse population density of 66.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Culver have an average daily commute time.
- Culver has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.36%.