Senior Living in Cumberland, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Cumberland, RI: 02864
- Cumberland scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Cumberland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Landmark Medical Center, Inc, Rehabilitation Hospital, and Memorial Hospital Of Rhode Island.
- There are 118 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Villa Assisted Living, Brookdale Cumberland, and The Holiday Retirement Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 524 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Fairlawn Golf Course, Lincoln Country Club, and Kirkbrae Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Woods State Park, Slater Park, and Roger Williams National Memorial.
- There are 419 churches in or near the city, including Blackstone Valley Baptist Chr, St John Baptist Mary Vianney, and Arnold Mills United Methodist.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 291 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 187 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,240, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,694, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,729, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cumberland receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cumberland has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Cumberland has an average population density of 1,265.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cumberland have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cumberland has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.53%.