Senior Living in Cummings, Kansas
Top zip codes in Cummings, KS: 66016
- Cummings scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Cummings scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Atchison Hospital, Atchison Hospital, and Jefferson County Memorial Hospital.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village Villa, Village Villa, and Dooley Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Bellevue Country Club, Pineview Country Club, and Oaks Golf Club, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Effingham City, Lewis and Clark State Park, and Easton Veterans Memorial.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Lighthouse Church, Atchison United Methodist Chr, and St Lawrence Rectory.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.51% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $34,254, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $26,964, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,355, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cummings receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cummings has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cummings has a very sparse population density of 16.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cummings have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cummings has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.41%.