Senior Living in Cummings, North Dakota
Top zip codes in Cummings, ND: 58223
- Cummings scores significantly higher than the North Dakota average of 65.
- Cummings scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Hillsboro Medical Center - Cah and Sanford Mayville).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Sanford Health Comstock Corner and Luther Memorial Home)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (42% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Goose River Golf Club, Mayville Golf Club, and Bentwood Municipal Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Hillsboro Campground, Laundry, and Furnished Rentals).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Our Savior\'s Lutheran Church, Our Lady of Peace, and First American Lutheran.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Dakota has an average state income tax of 1.04%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,728, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,625, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,406, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,682 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,704 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,609 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $68,640 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cummings receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cummings has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cummings has a very sparse population density of 3.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cummings have an average daily commute time.
- Cummings has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.12%.