Senior Living in Curtice, Ohio
Top zip codes in Curtice, OH: 43412
- Curtice scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Curtice scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy St Charles Hospital, Bay Park Community Hospital, and Riverside Mercy Hospital.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Luther Home of Mercy, Little Sisters of The Poor, and Heartland of Oregon.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Chippewa Golf Club, Eagle\'s Landing, and Maumee Bay State Park Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cedar Point National Wildlife Refuge, Maumee Bay State Park, and Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, St Ignatius Church, and East Christian Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,062, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,739, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,743, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,060 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,554 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.27%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Curtice receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Curtice has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Curtice has a sparse population density of 151.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Curtice have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Curtice has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.57%.