Senior Living in Cushing, Maine
Top zip codes in Cushing, ME: 04563
- Cushing scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Cushing scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Miles Memorial Hospital and Miles Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lucette Boarding Home, Progressive Housing, and Robin\'s Nest Boarding Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Rockland Golf Club, Samoset Resort, and Goose River Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Saltwater Farm Campground, Audubon Camp In Maine, and Lake Pemaquid Campground.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including Advent Christian Church, Advent Christian Church, and Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,696, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,944, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,975, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.26%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cushing receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cushing has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cushing has a very sparse population density of 79.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cushing have a short daily commute time.
- Cushing has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.75%.