Senior Living in Cushing, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Cushing, WI: 54006
- Cushing scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Cushing scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Burnett Med Ctr, St Croix Reg Med Ctr, and St Croix Regional Medical Ctr.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including United Pioneer Home, Frederic Nursing and Rehabilitation Community, and Frederic Comforts of Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Grantsburg Municipal Golf Course, St. Croix Valley Golf Course, and North Branch Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Wild River State Park, Wild Mountain Ski Area Water Park, and Fish Lake State Wildlife Area.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph Church, First Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Centuria Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.74% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,370, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,696, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,605, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.09%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cushing receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cushing has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cushing has a very sparse population density of 27.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cushing have a very long daily commute time.
- Cushing has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.48%.