Senior Living in Custar, Ohio
Top zip codes in Custar, OH: 43511
- Custar scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Custar scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oak Grove Healthcare Center, Briar Hill Health Campus, and Grand Rapids Care Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Briar Hill Country Club, Shady Acres Golf Course, and Forrest Creason Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Fire Lake Camper Park, Mary Jane Thurston State Park, and Van Tassel Wildlife Area.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including St Louis Catholic Church, Hoytville United Methodist, and Weston Church of Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,532, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,859, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,042, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,060 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,554 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.51%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Custar receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Custar has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Custar has a very sparse population density of 20.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Custar have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Custar has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.40%.