Senior Living in Custer, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Custer, WI: 54423
- Custer scores significantly higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Custer scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Ministry St Michaels Hospital Of Stevens Point).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookdale Stevens Point, North Haven Assisted Living, and North Ridge Assisted Living .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Stevens Point Country Club, Wisconsin River Golf Club, and Sentry World Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Dewey Marsh State Natural Area, Goerke Park, and Stevens Point Parks & Rec Department.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, River of God Fellowship, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,581, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,438, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,521, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.23%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Custer receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Custer has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Custer has a very sparse population density of 43.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Custer have a long daily commute time.
- Custer has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.21%.