Senior Living in Cutchogue, New York
Top zip codes in Cutchogue, NY: 11935
- Cutchogue scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Cutchogue scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Eastern Long Island Hospital, Southampton Hospital, and Peconic Bay Medical Center.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Village at Southold, San Simeon By The Sound Center For Nursing and Rehab, and Peconic Landing at Southold.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedars Golf Club, North Fork Country Club, and Gardiner\'s Bay Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Horton Point Lighthouse, Conscience Point National Wildlife Refuge, and Elizabeth A. Morton National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including Cutchogue United Methodist Chr, Sacred Heart Church, and Our Lady-Ostrabama Rc Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 67 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,079, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $85,391, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,144, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.64%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cutchogue receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cutchogue has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cutchogue has a sparse population density of 324.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cutchogue have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cutchogue has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.43%.