Senior Living in Cygnet, Ohio
Top zip codes in Cygnet, OH: 43413
- Cygnet scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Cygnet scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wood County Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Briar Hill Health Campus, Heritage Corner Nursing Home, and Wood Haven Health Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Briar Hill Country Club, Forrest Creason Golf Course, and Bowling Green Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Van Buren State Park and Fire Lake Camper Park).
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Rudolph Christian Church, Holy Family Catholic Church, and St Luke\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,356, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,357, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,111, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,060 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,554 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.51%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cygnet receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cygnet has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cygnet has a very sparse population density of 43.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cygnet have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cygnet has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.86%.