Senior Living in Cynthiana, Indiana
Top zip codes in Cynthiana, IN: 47612
- Cynthiana scores significantly higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Cynthiana scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gibson General Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Transcendent Healthcare, LLC, River Oaks Health Campus, and Gibson General Hospital-Snf.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Helfrich Hills Golf Course, Oak Meadow Golf Club, and Eagle Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including North Posey Youth Community Park, Camp Reveal, and Scott Township Park.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Gibson Southern High School, United Church of Christ, and St Peter & Paul School.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,910, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,714, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,557, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,670 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,490 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.66%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cynthiana receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cynthiana has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cynthiana has a very sparse population density of 54.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cynthiana have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cynthiana has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.72%.