Senior Living in Cypress, California
Top zip codes in Cypress, CA: 90630
- Cypress scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Cypress scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 42 hospitals within close range of the city, including Tri-city Regional Medical Center, La Palma Intercommunity Hospital, and La Palma Intercommunity Hosp.
- There are 640 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Francis Home For The Elderly, Kamstra Care Home, and Lorraine Guest Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1820 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 136 golf courses in or around the city, including Destroyer Course at Seal Beach Navy Golf Course, Cypress Golf Club, and Cerritos Iron-Wood Nine Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries, Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden, and Ralph B Clark Regional Park.
- There are 485 churches in or near the city, including St Irenaeus Catholic Church, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, and Miracle Land Korean Baptist.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1093 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 61 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 439 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.56% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $98,636, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,360, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,003, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,370 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $159,870 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.28%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cypress receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cypress has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cypress has a dense population density of 7,829.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cypress have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cypress has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.02%.