Senior Living in Cypress, Texas
- Cypress scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Cypress scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including North Cypress Medical Center, Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center, and Kindred Hosp-houston Northwest.
- There are 76 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Autumn Leaves Of Cy-Fair, Copperfield Estates, and Heartis Cypress.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 401 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Cypress Golf Club, Longwood Golf Club -Post Oak/Pine, and Jersey Meadow Golf Complex -Blue/Red.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Zube Park, Paul D. Rushing Park, and Harvest Bend Park.
- There are 92 churches in or near the city, including Christ United Church, St John Lutheran Church, and Fairfield Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 179 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 140 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $113,294, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,651, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,251, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.01%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cypress receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Cypress has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Cypress has an average population density of 1,373.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cypress have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cypress has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.26%.