Senior Living in Dagsboro, Delaware
Top zip codes in Dagsboro, DE: 19939
- Dagsboro scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- Dagsboro scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Atlantic Shores Rehabilitation and Health Center, Cadia Rehabilitation Renaissance, and Brandywine Senior Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (41% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Cripple Creek Golf & Country Club, Baywood Greens, and Bethany Bay Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Holts Landing State Park, Bear Trap Dunes Clubhouse, and Lost Lands RV Park.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including Church of God-dagsboro, Bethel United Methodist Church, and Dagsboro Church of Christ.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Delaware has an average state income tax of 4.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,512, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,821, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,883, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.22%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dagsboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dagsboro has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Dagsboro has a sparse population density of 229.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dagsboro have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Dagsboro has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.04%.