Senior Living in Dailey, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Dailey, WV: 26259
- Dailey scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Dailey scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Davis Memorial Hospital and Davis Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including IVeagh Trust, Elkins Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Colonial Estates.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Elks Country Club, Buckhannon Country Club, and Ev-Un Breth Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Pegasus Farm Campground, Becky\'s Creek Cabins, and Fox Forest Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Beverly United Methodist Chr, Highland Adventist School, and First Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dailey receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dailey has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Dailey has a very sparse population density of 89.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dailey have a very short daily commute time.
- Dailey has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.