Senior Living in Dakota, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Dakota, MN: 55925
- Dakota scores significantly higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Dakota scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Winona Health Services).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mosher Veterans Home, Golden LivingCenter - La Crescent, and Rem Wisconsin III, Inc..
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Creek Golf Course, Valley High Golf Club, and Trempealeau Mountain Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Great River Bluffs State Park, Pine Creek Golf Course, and Perrot State Park.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Church of the Crucifixion, First Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.58% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,398, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,969, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,631, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.39%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dakota receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dakota has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Dakota has a very sparse population density of 36.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dakota have an average daily commute time.
- Dakota has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.42%.