Senior Living in Dale, Indiana
Top zip codes in Dale, IN: 47523
- Dale scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Dale scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Deaconess St Joseph\'s Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Core of Dale, Professional Care Rehabilitation Center, and Scenic Hills Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Christmas Lake Golf Course, Huntingburg Country Club, and Quail Crossing Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, Santa\'s Cottages, and Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Graves Paul E, Dale Bible Church, and Larry A Langer Rev.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,010, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,087, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,645, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dale has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Dale has a very sparse population density of 52.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dale have a very long daily commute time.
- Dale has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.41%.