Senior Living in Dale, New York
Top zip codes in Dale, NY: 14039
- Dale scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Dale scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wyoming County Community Hospital, United Memorial Medical Center, and Va Western Ny Healthcare Syst.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wyoming County Community Hospital S N F, The Cloisters, and East Side Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Attica Golf Club, Quiet Times Golf Course, and Hidden Acres Executive Golf.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Hidden Valley Animal Adventure).
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including True Jerry E, United Church of Warsaw, and Alexander United Methodist Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,221, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,609, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,821, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.86%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dale receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dale has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Dale has a very sparse population density of 54.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dale have a very long daily commute time.
- Dale has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.05%.