Senior Living in Dallas, Georgia
- Dallas scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Dallas scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wellstar Paulding Hospital, Devereux Treatment Network, and Wellstar Douglas Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kimberly Personal Care Home, WellStar Paulding Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Creekside Pines.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 156 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Creekside Golf & Country Club, Brookstone Golf & Country Club, and Cobblestone Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including White Oak Park, Mt. Tabor Park, and Pickett\'s Mill Historic Site.
- There are 73 churches in or near the city, including Pumpkin Vine Baptist Church, Mt Vernon Baptist Church, and Fortified Hill Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,890, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,718, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,065, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.29%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dallas receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dallas has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Dallas has a sparse population density of 421.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dallas have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dallas has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.94%.