Senior Living in Dallas, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dallas, PA: 18612
- Dallas scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dallas scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Special Care Hospital, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Village at Greenbriar, Mercy Center Nursing Unit, and Masonic Village at Dallas.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 194 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Huntsville Golf Club, Executive Course at Newberry Country Club, and Lehman Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Frances Slocum State Park, Kirby Park, and Seven Tubs Nature Area.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including Trucksville Methodist Church, Shavertown United Methodist, and St Therese\'s Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,610, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,714, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,627, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.04%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dallas receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dallas has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Dallas has a sparse population density of 334.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dallas have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Dallas has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.05%.