Senior Living in Dallas, Texas
- Dallas scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Dallas scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 39 hospitals within close range of the city, including Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Mary Shiels Hospital, and Baylor Specialty Hospital.
- There are 254 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silverado Turtle Creek Memory Care Community, Belmont Village Turtle Creek, and PBH Residential Care Homes.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1347 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 110 golf courses in or around the city, including Dallas Country Club, Brook Hollow Golf Club, and Tenison Park(The Glen Course at Tenison Park ).
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Robert E Lee Park, Reverchon Park, and Sammons Park.
- There are 566 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, and Iglesia Bautista Ebenezer.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 723 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 44 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 279 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,864, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,450, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,644, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.75%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dallas receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dallas has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Dallas has a dense population density of 4,310.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dallas have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Dallas has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 72.51%.