Senior Living in Dalmatia, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Dalmatia, PA: 17017
- Dalmatia scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Dalmatia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manor at Susquehanna Village, Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Polk Personal Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Harrisburg North Public Golf, Shade Mountain Golf Club, and Susquehanna Valley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Martz\'s Gap View Hunting Preserve, Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, and Fort Halifax Park.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including Luke S Ucc St, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Brethren in Christ Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,079, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,081, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,828, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.31%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dalmatia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dalmatia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Dalmatia has a very sparse population density of 80.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dalmatia have an average daily commute time.
- Dalmatia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.54%.