Senior Living in Dalton, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Dalton, MA: 01226
- Dalton scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Dalton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Berkshire Medical Center Inc).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Craneville Place of Dalton, Sugar Hill Senior Living Community, and Laurel Ridge Senior Residence.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Wahconah Country Club, Bas-Ridge Golf Course, and Country Club of Pittsfield.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Wahconah Falls State Park, Windsor State Forest, and Mount Greylock State Reservation.
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including First Congregational Church, St Agnes Catholic Church, and Dalton United Methodist.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 27 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,789, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,900, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,554, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dalton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dalton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Dalton has a sparse population density of 263.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dalton have a very short daily commute time.
- Dalton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.08%.