Senior Living in Dalton, New York
Top zip codes in Dalton, NY: 14836
- Dalton scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Dalton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Absolut Care Houghton).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodlynn Hills Golf Course, Triple Creek Golf Club, and Eagle\'s Landing Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Rattlesnake Hill State Wildlife Management Area, Jones Pond Campground & RV Park, and Skybrook Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Hume, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Dansville Presbyterian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,697, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,148, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,431, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dalton receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Dalton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Dalton has a very sparse population density of 33.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dalton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dalton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.92%.