Senior Living in Dalton, Ohio
Top zip codes in Dalton, OH: 44618
- Dalton scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Dalton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Dunlap Memorial Hospital, Affinity Medical Center, and Doctors Hospital Of Stark Cnty.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shady Lawn Nursing& Rehabilitation, Brewster Parke Senior Living Community, and Brewster Parke Senior Living Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Front/Back Course at Elms, The, Pines Golf Club, The, and Riceland Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Evergreen Park RV Resort Ltd, Foxfield Preserve Nature Cemetery, and Wilderness Center Inc.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including Chapel of the Cross United Chr, Brewster-Wilmot Methodist, and Lawson Robert R.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.23% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,819, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,782, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,673, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dalton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dalton has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Dalton has a sparse population density of 162.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dalton have a very short daily commute time.
- Dalton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.51%.