Senior Living in Dalzell, Illinois
Top zip codes in Dalzell, IL: 61320
- Dalzell scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Dalzell scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Illinois Valley Community Hospital, St Margarets Hospital, and Perry Memorial Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Valley Nursing , Liberty Village of Peru, and Heritage Health.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including South Bluff Country Club, Spring Creek Golf Course, and Senica\'s Oak Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Pecumsaugan Creek - Blackball Mines Nature Preserve, Deer Park Country Club, and Hickory Hollow Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Faith Assembly of God, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and LA Salle Catholic School.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,507, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,938, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,843, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dalzell receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dalzell has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Dalzell has an average population density of 760.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dalzell have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Dalzell has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.44%.