Senior Living in Dalzell, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Dalzell, SC: 29040
- Dalzell scores lower than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Dalzell scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (U S Air Force Hospital Shaw).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Covenant Place of Sumter - Skilled Care Wing, Brookdale Sumter, and Morningside of Sumter.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Crystal Lakes Golf Course, Carolina Lakes Golf Course, and Carolina Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Patriot Park, Palmetto Park, and Swan Lake Iris Gardens.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Antioch United Methodist Chr, Mulberry Baptist Church, and Graham Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,438, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,185, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,456, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $26,301 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,023 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,340 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,040 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.87%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dalzell receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dalzell has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Dalzell has a sparse population density of 155.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dalzell have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Dalzell has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.31%.