Senior Living in Damariscotta, Maine
Top zip codes in Damariscotta, ME: 04543
- Damariscotta scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Damariscotta scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Miles Memorial Hospital and Miles Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hodgdon Green, Cove\'s Edge, and Lincoln Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (44% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Wawenock Country Club, Boothbay Country Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Lake Pemaquid Campground, Damariscotta River Association, and Duck Puddle Campground.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Christ, Damariscotta Baptist Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,114, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,346, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,375, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Damariscotta receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Damariscotta has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Damariscotta has a sparse population density of 178.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Damariscotta have a very short daily commute time.
- Damariscotta has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.13%.