Senior Living in Damascus, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Damascus, PA: 18415
- Damascus scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Damascus scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wayne Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Jeffersonville Adult Home, Bethany Village, and Ellen Memorial Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Villa Roma Resort, Honesdale Golf Club, and Hancock Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park, Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River, and Camp Lohikan.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Acts 1:8 Church, O\'Rourke James, and Abraham House.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,033, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,011, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,056, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.40%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Damascus receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Damascus has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Damascus has a very sparse population density of 37.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Damascus have a long daily commute time.
- Damascus has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.14%.