Senior Living in Dana, Indiana
Top zip codes in Dana, IN: 47847
- Dana scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Dana scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pleasant Meadows Senior Living, LLC, Clinton Gardens, and Rockville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Geneva Hills Golf Course, Matthews Park Golf Course, and Coon Lake Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Ernie Pyle State Historic Site).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, Dana Church of Nazarene, and Cayuga Christian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,616, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,667, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,925, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,320 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,973 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dana receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Dana has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Dana has a very sparse population density of 22.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dana have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Dana has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.89%.