Senior Living in Danbury, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Danbury, NC: 27016
- Danbury scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Danbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Stokes-reynolds Memorial Hospital and Stokes-reynolds Mem Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pioneer Community Hospital of Stokes SNF, Mountain Valley Living Center, and Graceland Living Center I and II.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Hemlock Golf Course, Riverview Golf Course, and Stonewall Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Moratock Park, Hanging Rock State Park, and YMCA Camp Hanes.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Lawsonville Baptist Church, Oak Ridge Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,946, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,345, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,380, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,150 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.14%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danbury receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Danbury has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Danbury has a very sparse population density of 48.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danbury have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Danbury has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.95%.