Senior Living in Danbury, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Danbury, NH: 03230
- Danbury scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Danbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including New London Hospital, New London Hospital, and Franklin Regional Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pine View Haven, Longfellow\'s Shelter Care, and Woodcrest Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Ragged Mountain Golf Club, Lake Sunapee Country Club, and Twin Lake Village Par 3 Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Winslow State Park).
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Wilmot Flat Baptist Church, Long Douglas B, and Congregational.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,118, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,500, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,339, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danbury receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Danbury has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Danbury has a very sparse population density of 30.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danbury have a long daily commute time.
- Danbury has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.63%.