Senior Living in Danbury, Texas
Top zip codes in Danbury, TX: 77534
- Danbury scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Danbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Angleton-danbury Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cypress Woods Care Center, White\'s Cottage Center, and Country Village Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Alvin Golf & Country Club, Hillcrest Golf Club, and The Wilderness Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge, Crocodile Encounter, and Brazoria County Parks Department.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, Community Baptist, and Northway Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,141, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,208, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,642, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Danbury receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Danbury has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Danbury has a very sparse population density of 79.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Danbury have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Danbury has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.32%.