Senior Living in Dania, Florida
Top zip codes in Dania, FL: 33004
- Dania scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Dania scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital-hollywood, Broward General Medical Center, and Hollywood Medical Center.
- There are 269 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cross Pointe Care Center, Sheridan Manor, and Emerald Park Retirement.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1290 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 124 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Golf Club, Eco Golf Course, and Hollywood Beach Golf & Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including John U. Lloyd Beach State Park, Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, and Hugh Taylor Birch State Park.
- There are 278 churches in or near the city, including St Ruth Baptist Church, Bethel Baptist Church, and Lighthouse Community Chr.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 636 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 39 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 95 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.35% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,931, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,025, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,955, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,580 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,477 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.95%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Dania receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Dania has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Dania has a dense population density of 2,736.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Dania have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Dania has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.41%.