Senior Living in Daniels, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Daniels, WV: 25832
- Daniels scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Daniels scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Beckley Va Medical Center, Beckley Arh Hospital, and Raleigh General Hospital.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Raleigh Center, The Villages at Greystone Senior Living Community, and Jackie Withrow Hospital.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Cobb Course at Glade Springs Resort, The, Beaver Creek Golf Club, and Grandview Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Little Beaver State Park, New River Park, and Wv Citizens Conservation Corps.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Allen Timothy J, Beaver United Methodist, and Beaver First Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,983, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,028, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,654, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $32,850 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.79%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Daniels receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Daniels has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Daniels has a sparse population density of 331.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Daniels have a short daily commute time.
- Daniels has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.36%.